As a brand, Blue Star has created an etching mark of its own amongst the Indian consumers. Since its inception into the Indian market with window ACs, it has now come a long way with world-class split ACs and is now leading with the patented technology on Portable ACs.
Going by the nature of easy portability of the ACs, this model of Blue Star can be defined in few words like unique, compact, and hassle-free usage. Some of its basic specifications are as follows:
- The capacity of 1 ton.
- The material of the plastic body.
- Annual energy consumption of 2.53 kW-hr and allowable noise level of 52 dB.
- Warranty of 1 year on overall product, 1 year on condenser, and 5 years on the compressor.
The following are the basic features of the Copper PC12DB White model from Blue Star:
- Uses a high-efficiency rotary compressor with a built-in accumulator for delivering the best cooling with the least power consumption (savings to the utility bill of the household).
- Hydrophilic gold evaporator fins, that prevent the accumulation of water condensate, dust, and other minute particles that can hamper the overall performance of the AC in a longer duration.
- Use of dust and anti-microbial silver coating on the body to sterilize and limit the growth of harmful bacteria on the body and prevent the spread of communicable diseases (reducing the transmission from frequently touched surfaces of the appliance).
- An energy-saving sleep mode that optimizes the energy usage as per the outside temperature and thus prevents the user from getting up frequently in the night to adjust the cooling.
- Protection to the heat exchanger in form of an anti-freeze thermostat that prevents the frosting on the evaporator coil.
- Usage of R410A refrigerant that has been certified as zero ozone-depleting substance and composed of POE for better lubrication of internal moving parts and heat transfer with the external surroundings.
With this set of basic features, there are also advanced features to further enhance the user experience with the model:
- Feather-touch electronic panel and full remote control to make the complete device fully automated.
- Programmable timer function to set up the cooling features freely for 24 hours and not worry about resetting the features any time during the usage period.
- Smart memory function built within the appliance to automatically adjust the settings in case of power failure or similar external conditions.
- Error alarm in case of any internal faults and thus gives a quick view to the users on a fast diagnosis.
- Nightglow mode on the remote controller to enhance user visibility during the night.
- Dry mode for monsoon season to remove the excessive moisture in the air and make the conditions ambient for the inmates.
The following are the pros of using this model:
- Easy installation to reduce the complexities in further usage.
- Compact size and caster wheels for enhanced portability within and outside of the house.
- Latest technology to ensure a safe and gracious user experience.
- Premium looks of the overall product.
- Very important in the prevention of the spread of diseases, something that is pivotal in the current situation.
- Memory backup for flexibility and quick adjustability to optimum room conditions.
Just like the other appliances, it also has its share of cons in the forms of the below points:
- The portability is hit a bit due to the external exhaust pipe.
- Sometimes, the manual removal of condensate water is required from the tank.
- The drainage is manual and adds a little towards humanitarian efforts.
- Ideal only for small room spaces within 100-120 sq. ft.
- Full power mode might exceed the operating noise beyond 52 dB.
Cruise is another leading manufacturer of Portable AC in India and has one of the widest distribution networks across the nation. With the features that ensure optimal cooling, this 1 Ton model is sure to create the best returns out of your investment.
Considered as 4-in-1 AC and clubbed with the perfect remote control, it improvises the overall cooling experience and provides the optimal conditions for you within the room.
The following are the classy features of the model that have made it enter into our list for 2021:
- Four different modes of operation as a dehumidifier, air conditioner, air purifier, and simple fan (thus defining the 4-in-1 feature of the model).
- The tropical x-rotary compressor meets the high-performance requirements of the model even at 50 degrees Celsius of external temperature.
- Copper tubings increase the overall heat transfer efficiency by about 50% and offer more strength and durability than alternate materials.
- Wide-angle of operation i.e. about 120 degrees of swing to circulate quick and sufficient air within the room space.
- Four movable castor wheels that ensure smooth and effortless transport of the model within and outside of the house.
- Protective coating to prevent the growth of microbes, eliminate the sticky heat and reduce the formation of condensate on the surface.
- Bio-graded air filters for easy removal of the dust and dirt particles (thus imparting fresh air to breathe).
Some of the advanced features for this model include the following:
- Dual control in form of a feather touch and sleek control system (with smart LED display to show the temperature and 24-hours timer) and a smart remote.
- Auto evaporation system to reduce the manual dependency of the water removal from the tank.
- The blue-tech mechanism in the internals to control the moisture and heat levels and prevent rusting of the running components.
- 11 feet long exhaust pipe for effective removal of the hot air and convenient ventilation for the room.
The guaranteed pros of using this model include the following:
- Simple and easy to operate for the users.
- Budget-friendly and can support the requirements of a large group of buyers.
- Sturdy caster wheels for easy movement within and outside of the house.
- Easy installation for the users to meet their required expectations.
- Less noisy to meet the required certifications level.
- Made up of material that ensures enhanced durability in the usage.
However, you can expect one major setback in the model i.e. the presence of Eco mode (which would help in running the device at lower power, once the internal room settings reach the ambient mode).
The next in line of our choice for the best portable ACs is this model from Lloyd. It goes by a unique marketing strategy of highlighting India’s location in the vicinity of Tropic of Cancer (which causes humid summers in many parts of the nation). Therefore, the model comes as a savior for the residents staying within the humid regions.
The following are the basic features offered by this 1-ton AC from Lloyd:
- 100% grooved copper tubings in the condenser unit that maximize the heat transfer rate and cools the room faster than the competition products.
- The input power of 1600W to support the cooling to the humid regions of India.
- Energy-efficient rotary compressor to provide the best cooling at an optimized price for the household.
- Blue fin coil of the condenser (coated with hydrophilic epoxy) that prevents the rusting process and enhances the overall life of the product.
- High quality of air filters to remove the excessive dust and dirt particles and ensure ambient conditions within the vicinity.
The list of advanced features go as follows:
- Sleep mode to adjust the cooling during the night time and prevent the user from waking up frequently to adjust the required settings.
- A backlit remote control that enhances the visibility at the night and adds more value to the customers.
- In-built Self-Diagnosis feature that shows the error during any internal mishap and helps the technician in quick troubleshooting.
- Auto-restart feature to adjust the settings as soon as the device runs up after a power failure.
- Omni-directional casters to circulate fresh air in all of the directions conveniently.
- Self-evaporative feature to remove any stagnant water from the system and prevent unnecessary damage to the internals.
The following are pros of going for this model at your home:
- Effortless cleaning of the device due to copper pipes in the internals.
- Premium design from the customer’s point of view.
- Easy to install, setup, and use.
- Good built and durability.
- All of the requisite smart features are often looked at by the customers.
- High cooling efficiency.
However, you may face the following challenges while using the appliance:
- Availability of the model only in white color (thus limiting a bit on the choice of colors).
- Not suitable for the larger rooms in the house.
- A bit noisy in operation (beyond 54 dB).
The name of Tata Group lies within the hearts of every Indian and all of its subsidiaries enjoy the same value. The same is also the case with Croma Electronics and thus, it has become a go-to brand for buying out electronics goods for personal, household, or professional usages.
Owing to this line of thinking, this 1.5 Ton Portable AC is currently trending as the leading choice from the brand and defines the next level for efficient and convenient cooling.
The following are the well-known features of the model that have given it such a position within the market:
- 100% pure copper tubes within the condenser unit, to improve the overall heat transfer properties and increase the overall cooling efficiency.
- Compact design coupled with castor wheels, for easy movement of the entire unit.
- Versatility in terms of three modes of usage- air conditioner, fan, and dehumidifier (to remove excess moisture during the monsoon season).
- No drip technology to ensure proper pass out of the condensate from the unit and prevent any internal damage to the same.
- Dual control- with either a manual panel present on the surface of the AC or via a remote control that allows adjustability of the settings without having to move out of the bed.
Getting this model into your home can offer the below-mentioned advantages:
- Sleek and stylish design to easily attract customers.
- Easy installation and mobility to improve consumer values.
- Simple cleaning due to the copper tubings.
- Multiple filters to improve the quality of released air from the system.
- Turbo performance, coupled with a strong and sturdy design.
- Required controls for self-diagnosis.
The following are the disadvantages of going for the model:
- Limited options in terms of colors.
- Smaller air ducts for the appliance.
- The device might turn out to be noisy for certain groups of users.
The final one to our list for the top portable ACs in India for 2021 is Geek Aire 0.7 Ton model. This 3-in-1 technology is something to die for and offers superior levels of cooling to the users.
With 8000 BTU, the unit is capable of usage in small-sized rooms and is sure to turn out as a perfect investment for personal uses.
The following are the classy features embedded within the appliance:
- Three-in-one appliance in form of air conditioner, dehumidifier, and fan.
- Digital controls to set up the temperature, fan speed, humidity, and other required settings as per the mode selected for the appliance.
- Window kit for easy installation of the unit and tapping into the higher ends of the functionalities.
- Caster wheels for easy movement within and outside of the house.
- 24-hour timer for enhanced control on the settings, without having to wake up every single time for readjustments.
- 5 levels of variation available on the fan speed.
The following are the pros of going for the model:
- A noiseless operation to give you a good night’s sleep.
- Attractive designs to meet the eyes of the buyers.
- Efficient cooling to even the office spaces.
- Perfect management of the humidity levels.
- Hassle-free installation by the user.
The only major con is that it is not suitable for medium-sized rooms, owing to its cooling capacity.
Let us know of your concerns on any of these models and they would get answered quickly. Till then, stay subscribed to our channel for more related content in the future.